Re: [sabayon] Import failure

Okay, well i've actually just been ordered to move to KDE anyways... so i guess this line of troubleshooting ends. However, just to let you know: I added the root profile rule in order to attempt to keep sabayon from trying to apply the "Kiosk" profile to root. Was that not needed?

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Scott Balneaves <sbalneav legalaid mb ca> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:37:52AM -0600, Chris Carpenter wrote:
> Yes, I checked /etc/passwd and did not see any problems. I had to manually
> create users.xml because it was never created since I get a seg fault every
> time i try to start the users dialog. I simply did the following after
> looking at the documentation on your site:
>
> <profiles>
>     <default profile="" />
>     <user name="root" profile="" />
> </profiles>

I have no idea what the results would be for applying sabayon profiles to root.
Normally they're applied to unpriv'd users.

> I will attach a copy of my /etc/passwd file, just in case i'm missing
> something.

I checked it, seems fine.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | Spafford’s Law of Security: If you have responsibility for
Systems Department | security, but no authority to make changes, then you’re