Re: [sabayon] Pessulus integration

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Scott Duensing <scott jaegertech com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Scott Balneaves
> <sbalneav legalaid mb ca> wrote:
>> When I "burst" on to the mailing list, getting close to a year ago, I said that
>> Sabayon is one of the most important technologies within GNOME currently, and I
>> mean that.  Things like sexy new messagers, fancy new bling, etc. are nice and
>> all, but for *real live administrators* in schools and businesses, all the
>> bling bling don't mean a thing if you can't CONTROL it.  Sabayon and Pessulus
>> (and, I see we have a new member to the "administration" family: nanny.  We'll
>> be needing that on Edubuntu) are KEY, VITAL technologies to moving GNOME into
>> the real world.  Sysadmin tools aren't sexy, and it's always hard to find
>> people who care about them.  But as a Sysadmin myself in my "day job" for 20
>> years, tools like Sabayon are right up my ally, and it's been a real pleasure
>> to help Sabayon along.
>
> You have no idea how much your work is appreciated.  I wish I could
> help more.  Perhaps in the future my Python won't be complete suck.
> :-)

I know the feeling. At some point it would be nice to have Scott or
somebody who knows Sabayon really well to find some "bitesize" bugs or
tasks for people who can't be full time Sabayon developers but would
like to contribute a little here or there. It might be fun to have a
wiki page with things like that.

-Jordan