Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

On Di, 2013-03-19 at 18:43 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

        There are some preliminary patches available in bugzilla to
        make that
        information (or something similar) available at the stage of
        content
        streaming (which technically has nothing to do with UPnP
        anymore)

Thanks - will try them if I have to :-) when do you expect to have
them committed to Git?

Most likely next unstable cycle which hasn't started yet.

        > Flag --config=/etc/rygel.confxxxs is ignored or I
        misunderstood it's
        > use?

        It should not be ignored.

I specified the non-existent file (/etc/rygel.confxxxs above)
but /etc/rygel.conf still got loaded instead - and there was no error
message related to non-existent file specified?

If you specify a non-existing file it falls back to the system config
file.

        > Tried specifying GstLaunch config with  --plugin-option=
        flags below,
        > but that did not seem to enable GstLaunch plugin (Plugin
        'GstLaunch'
        > disabled by user, ignoring..) :

        Ok, there might be some issue with correctly overriding
        options from
        commandline.

        > --plugin-option=GstLaunch:enabled:true

        This option does not work.

It would be very handy to be able to define GstLaunch without a config
file, in a scenario I will use, where I will have one instance of
Rygel for each DLNA device on the network...

You can't run multiple instances of Rygel unless you isolate them.
Otherwise they tend to interfere with their description files.

Anyhow, after applying debugging changes as you advised, output of
attempt to stream to Onkyo is:

(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:151: HTTP GET
request for URI
'http://192.168.1.113:1122/GstLaunch/i/YnVtcGFuZGdyaW5k.mp3'. Headers:
(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: Range :
bytes=0-
(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155:
transferMode.dlna.org : Streaming
(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: Host :
192.168.1.113:1122
(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: User-Agent :
Mediabolic-IMHTTP/1.8.225 UPNP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
(rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:136: HTTP GET
request for URI
'http://192.168.1.113:1122/GstLaunch/i/YnVtcGFuZGdyaW5k.mp3' handled.

With usual response of dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
com.intel.RendererServiceUPnP.OperationFailed: Operation failed:
Resource not found

This answer is coming from the remote. I think we're in packet capture
land now.