Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

On Mi, 2013-03-13 at 20:53 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

Ah - HTTP 1.1 "user-agent" field.... how about using UPnP
"manufacturer" ID instead?

        Because UPnP uses HTTP quite a lot and so reuses the
        User-Agent (and
        Server) header for this.

What I meant is, if there is no HTTP headers provided, device can be
identified with <manufacturer> and possibly <modelName> /
<modelNumber> ... not ideal, but better then nothing?

There are some preliminary patches available in bugzilla to make that
information (or something similar) available at the stage of content
streaming (which technically has nothing to do with UPnP anymore)

However, all debug messages I was getting on stdout are no longer
there; this is all I see after starting Rygel, including successful
streaming to XBMC and failed attempt to stream to Onkyo:

[MediaExport]
enabled=false

... but is did not eliminate the attempt to load plugin? (Adding
--disable-media-export-plugin option to ./configure took care of that,
but made no change otherwise)

No. Currently Rygel has to load each module to check its meta-data which
is bad (bug 693658 in gnome bugzilla).

I guess that just getting back the debug output would help but dont
know what else to do except --log-level=*:5and conf file equivalent of
log-level=*:5 (It seems --gst-* flags are no longer used?)

With GLib >= 2.32 you need to export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all to see debug
messages.

As for the --gst-* flags, due to some internal changes they cannot be
forwarded to GStreamer anymore. You have to use the corresponding
environment variables (GST_DEBUG=3 and GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1)

Flag --config=/etc/rygel.confxxxs is ignored or I misunderstood it's
use?

It should not be ignored.

Tried specifying GstLaunch config with  --plugin-option= flags below,
but that did not seem to enable GstLaunch plugin (Plugin 'GstLaunch'
disabled by user, ignoring..) :

Ok, there might be some issue with correctly overriding options from
commandline.

--plugin-option=GstLaunch:enabled:true

This option does not work.

 --plugin-option=GstLaunch:launch-items:bumpandgrind
--plugin-option=GstLaunch:bumpandgrind-title:@HOSTNAME@
--plugin-option=GstLaunch:bumpandgrind-mime:audio/mpeg
--plugin-option=GstLaunch:bumpandgrind-launch:'audiotestsrc !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! lamemp3enc target=quality quality=6'