Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

> I specified the non-existent file (/etc/rygel.confxxxs above)
> but /etc/rygel.conf still got loaded instead - and there was no error
> message related to non-existent file specified?

If you specify a non-existing file it falls back to the system config
file.

I suspected that much, but I also expected an error message to say that config file specified does not exist.

Actually, I only tried that because alternate conf file I specified appeared to be be ignored (settings in it), and because the output of --help is a bit ambiguous:

-c, --config                           Use configuration file instead of user configuration

... it is not clear if the option accepts a file as parameter, and weather this is to be space delimited or following a equal sign... so I tried to provoke an error message that would reveal this... maybe it should be:

-c <file>, --config=<file>                     Use configuration file instead of user configuration

>         > --plugin-option=GstLaunch:enabled:true
>
>         This option does not work.
>

> It would be very handy to be able to define GstLaunch without a config
> file, in a scenario I will use, where I will have one instance of
> Rygel for each DLNA device on the network...

You can't run multiple instances of Rygel unless you isolate them.
Otherwise they tend to interfere with their description files.

Oh - good to know - this would be a show stopper for me - how do I "isolate" them?
By "description files" do you mean "configuration files" or something else?

> Anyhow, after applying debugging changes as you advised, output of
> attempt to stream to Onkyo is:
>
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:151: HTTP GET
> request for URI
> 'http://192.168.1.113:1122/GstLaunch/i/YnVtcGFuZGdyaW5k.mp3'. Headers:
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: Range :
> bytes=0-
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155:
> transferMode.dlna.org : Streaming
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: Host :
> 192.168.1.113:1122
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:155: User-Agent :
> Mediabolic-IMHTTP/1.8.225 UPNP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
> (rygel:2108): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-http-server.vala:136: HTTP GET
> request for URI
> 'http://192.168.1.113:1122/GstLaunch/i/YnVtcGFuZGdyaW5k.mp3' handled.
>

> With usual response of dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> com.intel.RendererServiceUPnP.OperationFailed: Operation failed:
> Resource not found

This answer is coming from the remote. I think we're in packet capture
land now.

I will do a Wireshark snap and post it back - any preference on format or capture scope?

Your help is very much appreciated.
Andrej