Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play Queue Bounty

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:16:25AM +1100, James Livingston wrote:

> I pulled it from arch and it works fine here. A couple of things I
> noticed (some of them are trivial)

I've made a few changes to fix some of these.  Could you try the latest
revision and tell me how badly I've done?

> * How do you remove stuff from the queue? They don't seem to get removed
> automatically, and right-clicking then going delete doesn't do anything.

Strange.  This works fine for me.

Could you try running rhythmbox --debug and send me the output off-list?
If you could move your existing rhythmdb file out of the way and create
a new one with just a few songs, that'd be great, but if not, don't worry
about it.

> Which leads to the next thing (which presumable wouldn't be a problem is
> the above didn't occur):
>
> * Once the queue is finished it goes back to the playlist-library like
> it should. But after that song is done it goes to the start of the queue
> again.

Yes, this is just happening because the queue isn't emptying itself.

[snip your accurate description of queue logic]

> * You can't use "previous" while in the queue.

I couldn't think of a good way to do this.  The previous entry is
(supposed to be) removed from the queue, so either the entry would have
to be re-added to the queue, or .. something.  Any ideas?  I suppose at
the very least, you should be able to use "previous" to go back to the
start of the playing song.

> * When playing from the queue the "Currently Playing" icon is next to
> the one in the queue (good) but it also stays next to the one in the old
> playlist/library.

I've made a few changes in the vague hope of getting this right.  It's
closer, but not entirely there.

> * When the last song in the queue is finished, it plays from the
> playlist-library normally but leaves the icon next to the last song in
> the queue.

Again, the last song in the queue should have been removed, so this
shouldn't be happening.

> * The queue shows up when in Radio mode. I don't know whether this makes
> sense, because I don't use streaming radio. Possibly it does, but I
> would assume that streaming radio doesn't actually end that often, so
> queueing something up after it doesn't really follow. But then again I
> don't use it, so maybe someone who does can figure out what should
> happen here

I don't think there's much use for the queue display in radio mode.
I just hadn't thought of a good way of making it disappear.
I still haven't, but I've implemented it anyway.

> * On mine it shows the (N entries) bit when closed and doesn't when
> open, which seems backwards

I don't know why I did that.  Always showing the queue size seems
reasonable to me.

> Still you've done a great job considering it's only been two or three
> days since the original email. Nice work.

thanks!

-jonathan.