Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play Queue Bounty

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 01:11 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> so, I'm about at the point where I'm prepared to let other people
> viciously criticize what I've done and complain that it doesn't compile.
>
>   archive: jonathan kaolin hn org--2005
>   branch: rhythmbox--queue--0.9
>   http://j.kaolin.hn.org/arch/2005
>
> I haven't really used arch before, so I've probably screwed something up
> there.

I pulled it from arch and it works fine here. A couple of things I
noticed (some of them are trivial)

* How do you remove stuff from the queue? They don't seem to get removed
automatically, and right-clicking then going delete doesn't do anything.

Which leads to the next thing (which presumable wouldn't be a problem is
the above didn't occur):
* Once the queue is finished it goes back to the playlist-library like
it should. But after that song is done it goes to the start of the queue
again.

I haven't checked the source, but would I be right in assume the
algorithm for determining where to get the song from is
1) If we just finished the queue, play from the selected source.
2) If we are playing from the queue and didn't just finish play the next
song
3) If we didn't just play from the queue and it is not empty, play the
first entry in the queue
4) otherwise play from the selected source.

That sound about right.

* You can't use "previous" while in the queue.

* When playing from the queue the "Currently Playing" icon is next to
the one in the queue (good) but it also stays next to the one in the old
playlist/library.

* When the last song in the queue is finished, it plays from the
playlist-library normally but leaves the icon next to the last song in
the queue.

* The queue shows up when in Radio mode. I don't know whether this makes
sense, because I don't use streaming radio. Possibly it does, but I
would assume that streaming radio doesn't actually end that often, so
queueing something up after it doesn't really follow. But then again I
don't use it, so maybe someone who does can figure out what should
happen here

* On mine it shows the (N entries) bit when closed and doesn't when
open, which seems backwards

Still you've done a great job considering it's only been two or three
days since the original email. Nice work.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Give a man a match and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's
warm for the rest of his life." -- Terry Pratchett.