Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggestions for Rhythmbox

Dnia 18-10-2004, pon o godzinie 22:21 -0400, list napisał:
> Sorry to dominate this forum w/ a silly debate--this will be my last post
> regarding the file order...
>
> > Librart is simply a view to results of your query, not editor. Think
> > about Midnight Commander -- it simply lists data which is there (in this
> > case, file names), sorted by specific criterion. It doesn't allow you to
> > change the order of files in directory, as this is meaningless to
> > filesystem, to which MC is only a window. Now, if you want files
> > processed in certain order, you pass them in that order to whoever needs
> > them, be it by order of CLI arguments, or creating playlist of sort in
> > app. This is analogous to library -- manual arranging there doesn't bear
> > any meaning for something that only presents results of query
>
> RB gives me a list of songs in a window--whatever is in this window WILL
> be played. Thus we have a sort of "playlist"--I would like to be able to
> re-arrange this playlist. Whether the developers see fit to let me change
> this playlist or not is their call.
>
> As I've stated before, in my opinion, it would be nice if I could change
> the order of these files. I'm not saying that the app should remember what
> the arbitrary order was when I switch to another view--I would just like
> to be able to move songs higer or lower in said "playlist." (some seem to
> think that it would be a crime or that it would serve no purpose--I have a
> purpose for this feature)

No, it's not crime. But what you want is playqueue, ie. automatically
created playlists holding songs to be played next. Right now it's
implicit, the solution is to create good UI for it, as was discussed
several times. So far it hasn't been done, let's hope someone finally
will step up and implement it :)

Cheers,
Maciej

--