Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature requests

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 04:52, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 08:47, Jörn Hassler wrote:
> > I just imported all my mp3's to rhythmbox 0.6.5 and recognized that
> > everytime i select another genre/artist/album it takes a few seconds to
> > minutes to refresh the songlist.
>
> Minutes definitely seems too long.  Can you be a bit more precise about
> when it's slow?  Like, after you start Rhythmbox up for the first time,
> is simply clicking on a particular artist slow?  Is changing back to the
> "All" artists slow?  Both?

When starting the first time it takes about 5min to refresh all the song
infos and when clicking on an particular artist (it depends on how many
songs are in there) it takes only a few seconds for artists with a few
songs and up to a minute for artists with a lot of songs.
When switching back to "All" it takes again a few minutes to reread all
the song infos.
Does rhythmbox read the id3tags from the files everytime i change the
artist/album/genre? Why is yammi much more faster in that way? (They
only refresh id3-infos on command)

Regards,

Jörn