Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature requests

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 12:03, Ryan Hayle wrote:
> Bob Smith wrote:
> > Just tried out a 0.6.5. Great work everybody. I have two features I'd
> > like to see in Rhythbox.
> >
> > 1. If you click on the applet when on a different virtual desktop,
> > Rhythmbox disappears and the second click it appears on your virtual
> > desktop. Could this be modified so that clicking on the applet switches
> > virtual desktops to the one Rhythmbox is on if its visible?
>
> I very much agree here--in general, programs should only hide themselves
> when they are either in the foreground, or the applet is double-clicked.
>   If they are in the background, clicking once should merely bring it to
> the front (or to whichever desktop you're working on).
>
> > 2. You can change the volume from the Rhythmbox applet. Thing is,
> > usually stock distro's have a volume applet right next to it, so its
> > redundant. Could the scroll wheel be changed so that it goes to the next
> > song/previous song on scroll? That would be more useful in the general
> > user I think.

hmm.. i don't think it's redundant.

as far as i know, changing the volume in rhythmbox changes only
rhythmbox's volume, NOT the global volume. that's very important for
example for me, because for example i prefer to have rhythmbox louder
than gaim.

the standalone volume applet controls the global volume in the system,
so the two apps are doing two different things.

gabor