Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature requests

Bob Smith wrote:
> Just tried out a 0.6.5. Great work everybody. I have two features I'd
> like to see in Rhythbox.
>
> 1. If you click on the applet when on a different virtual desktop,
> Rhythmbox disappears and the second click it appears on your virtual
> desktop. Could this be modified so that clicking on the applet switches
> virtual desktops to the one Rhythmbox is on if its visible?

I very much agree here--in general, programs should only hide themselves
when they are either in the foreground, or the applet is double-clicked.
  If they are in the background, clicking once should merely bring it to
the front (or to whichever desktop you're working on).

> 2. You can change the volume from the Rhythmbox applet. Thing is,
> usually stock distro's have a volume applet right next to it, so its
> redundant. Could the scroll wheel be changed so that it goes to the next
> song/previous song on scroll? That would be more useful in the general
> user I think.

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that!  I agree with you that it's
redundant, but at the same time I don't think I'd ever use my scroll
wheel to change tracks...that's just me, though.

Ryan