Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 11:49, Joshua Haberman wrote:

> - having one button to query the musicbrainz server in the song
> properties dialog
> - filling in the values automatically if one result is found
> - popping up a dialog asking the user to choose the correct result if
> more than one result is returned
> - closing the properties would save the tags.

I think one important thing to realize is that tag editing is quite a
separate activity from music playback, in general.  I think you should
be able to change the fields in the rb property boxes.  But when you
start talking about wanting to change a bunch of songs at once, pop up
dialogs, display various Musicbrainz matches...that's where you want a
separate application.

However, from the user's point of view this separate application would
be tightly integrated with rb; if you mass-change a bunch of tags, those
changes should be reflected immediately inside rb.  Perhaps this would
be done simply with file monitoring, so as soon as the tagger is done
writing the file the change would appear.

The tagger would also look similar to rb - like with the
genre/artist/album browsers, but with no source pane, and no play
buttons.  It would probably look a bit more like JuK (at least the
bottom pane):

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/images/juk/juk-default.png

This is a digitally signed message part