Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

> I think one important thing to realize is that tag editing is quite a
> separate activity from music playback, in general.

That is true....

> But when you
> start talking about wanting to change a bunch of songs at once, pop up
> dialogs, display various Musicbrainz matches...that's where you want a
> separate application.

I whole heartedly disagree here.  It says on the front page of
http://www.rhythmbox.org/ that rhythmbox is an an integrated music
management application.  IMHO tagging songs is a critical part of music
management.  When I rip three CDs, and the artists on them are now
"Beethoven", "Ludwig van Beethoven", and "Beethoven, Ludwig van"  that
is not right, obviously.  And I should be able to change the artist for
two of the albums in a single transaction (the way you can in itunes and
others) in order to better manage my music.  Going through each tracks
properties dialog and pasting "Beethoven, Ludwig van" into each one is
not.... well its just not.

I understand that my opinion carries less weight because I haven't
contributed any code yet, but several of you helped me get a development
environment running a few days.  The whole reason for that was I wanted
to try to address the lack of id3tagging in rhythmbox.

I think that rb should and really must have a decent answer to id3
tagging if it is really going to be an integrated music manager, instead
of just xmms with better organization.  Well its already more than that,
but you get the idea.

John