Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:36, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 16:33, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> > >
> > > That's the complicated bit.
> >
> > Why?  Is the difficult bit getting raw data from gstreamer or querying
> > MusicBrainz?  If it's the latter, then I disagree -- I implemented a
> > client to look up artist/album/title/tracknumber for FLAC files in 170
> > lines of C++.
>
> I meant integrating it in a decent UI.

I think a perfectly reasonable first iteration is the extremely simple
UI of:

- having one button to query the musicbrainz server in the song
properties dialog
- filling in the values automatically if one result is found
- popping up a dialog asking the user to choose the correct result if
more than one result is returned
- closing the properties would save the tags.

It's not terribly smooth, but that's OK -- it's just a first try.  You
can then improve based on what you learn.

Josh