Re: [Planner Dev] Patch to add an abstraction layer between Planner and GConf

On ons, 2004-08-11 at 08:55 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

> In most gnome packages gtk-doc can be disabled with --disable-gtk-doc in
> Planner there isn't such an option.

--disable-gtk-doc works just fine (and is the default too)

You have to have it installed though, since it provides the m4 macro
used in configure to add that option. This is the way it's done in every
other GNOME package actually, afaik. I don't know how to only
conditionally use a macro in configure.in only if it exists.

> Another problem is requirement intltool >= 0.30, since 0.3x series
> intltool needs Perl XML::Parser (if it can be compiled without one, tell
> me the switch) which has not been ported to msys.. GIMP works with older
> 0.27 which doesn't need Perl XML::Parser

Intltool older than 0.30 had a bug that made it not work for us. I don't
see the problem though since XML::Parser is just a perl module to
install for building. (If XML support can be disabled in intltool,
that'd be fine since we don't use that feature.)

> Otherwise things are going pretty smoothly now and I hope that before
> end of week I have at least crippled version of Planner running without
> X-windows on Windoze.

Great! It would be nice to try it out, especially with the Windows theme
engine for GTK+ :)

> BTW, should I apply for real CVS account on Gnome-CVS?

I don't think it's necessary yet. The drill is usually to send patches
for a while and then eventually apply for an account.

Imendio HB