Re: [Planner Dev] Patch to add an abstraction layer between Planner and GConf

On tis, 2004-08-10 at 07:19 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:
> Jon Wilkins wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 13:46, Richard Hult wrote:
> >

> >>2. implement planner-conf-win32.c in terms of registry (or other
> >>method?)
> >
> > Could there be a build (or run-time) option to read a simple ini instead
> > of registry - this could be really useful... messing with registry
> > entries can be a real PITA compared to good-ol' ini's!
>
> Actually, registry is more analoguous to GConf than INI's. INI's are
> deprecated method in win32 environment.

I don't think it would make a huge different (other from the one
implementing the backend). We don't need anything more than .ini files
since we'll shortcut the notifications in the backend. Ie. when you
update a key in planner a notification, if needed, should be emitted
from the win32 backend.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--