Re: [Planner Dev] Patch to add an abstraction layer between Planner and GConf

On mån, 2004-08-09 at 09:58 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> On mån, 2004-08-09 at 08:59 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:
>
> > Nice thing indeed, unfortunately it doesn't resolve indirect need for
> > gconf in gnome-vfs and libgsf (IIRC).
>
> No, that's the next step. Removing GnomeVFS dependency (or at least make
> it optional) is probably an hours work at most. Libgsf is little more (2
> hours?) but something that Richard has expressed he like to do anyway
> since we are not using it more than "open a file and read it".

libgsf is now gone, it was even easier than I thought :) I've also
changed the i18n tools from libgnome to the ones in glib since 2.4.

Remaining now:

1. gnome-canvas, does this build natively? otherwise a port is needed

2. implement planner-conf-win32.c in terms of registry (or other
method?)

3. gnome-print, does this build natively? otherwise make planner build
without it as a last resort

4. strip out the tiny dependency on gnome-vfs, it's only the xsl plugin
that uses it directly (could be a compile time option)

5. libgnome(ui), do these build on natively?

   This is mainly used for:

   - gnome-about (can be replaced)
   - gnome-help (can be a compile time option how to launch help)
   - gnome-stock icons (should work with the new stock stuff in gtk
     except for the about stock icon)
   - gnome-program, basically only used to get gnome-help working

Probably a bit more points, but this should get a windows porting
project going for a while.

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/