Re: [Planner Dev] Patch to add an abstraction layer between Planner and GConf

On m� 2004-08-09 at 08:59 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Hi,

> > Could the file name be planner-conf-mswindows.c or planner-conf-mswin32.c
> > so its clearer its MS Windows. This makes grepping for the strings
> > easier as Windows is *so* generic ;)
>
> Well, since GNOME (and most of all other sources) use usually uses
> "win32" to mark MS Windows, I would give vote for "win32"

The file isn't created so we don't have to change the name :) planner-
conf-win32.c sounds like a good file name when someone writes it (*hint
Jani*)

> >> The API mimics GConf and I've only added the functions needed so far,
> >> for example:
> >>
> >> gboolean foo = planner_conf_get_bool ("/general/last_dir", error);
> >>
> >> So, keep in mind that you don't have to add "/apps/planner", that is
> >> added within planner-conf-gconf.c.
>
> Nice thing indeed, unfortunately it doesn't resolve indirect need for
> gconf in gnome-vfs and libgsf (IIRC).

No, that's the next step. Removing GnomeVFS dependency (or at least make
it optional) is probably an hours work at most. Libgsf is little more (2
hours?) but something that Richard has expressed he like to do anyway
since we are not using it more than "open a file and read it".

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/