Re: [Planner Dev] Patch to add an abstraction layer between Planner and GConf

Richard Hult wrote:
On mån, 2004-08-09 at 09:58 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

On mån, 2004-08-09 at 08:59 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Nice thing indeed, unfortunately it doesn't resolve indirect need for gconf in gnome-vfs and libgsf (IIRC).

No, that's the next step. Removing GnomeVFS dependency (or at least make
it optional) is probably an hours work at most. Libgsf is little more (2
hours?) but something that Richard has expressed he like to do anyway
since we are not using it more than "open a file and read it".

libgsf is now gone, it was even easier than I thought :) I've also
changed the i18n tools from libgnome to the ones in glib since 2.4.

Actually there is native win32 port of libgsf

Remaining now:

1. gnome-canvas, does this build natively? otherwise a port is needed

In theory yes, since libart_lgpl and libglade has been ported on win32...

2. implement planner-conf-win32.c in terms of registry (or other
method?)

3. gnome-print, does this build natively? otherwise make planner build
without it as a last resort

I'm having some refences stating that it can be build, only problem is gconf again...

4. strip out the tiny dependency on gnome-vfs, it's only the xsl plugin
that uses it directly (could be a compile time option)

5. libgnome(ui), do these build on natively?

   This is mainly used for:

   - gnome-about (can be replaced)
   - gnome-help (can be a compile time option how to launch help)
   - gnome-stock icons (should work with the new stock stuff in gtk
     except for the about stock icon)
   - gnome-program, basically only used to get gnome-help working

Probably a bit more points, but this should get a windows porting
project going for a while.

Very good project to follow is GNumeric, it works on both _native_ win32 w/o any cygwin things, and on GNOME environment...

--

Jani Tiainen