Re: [orca-list] Our list will be moving to Discourse

In the words of Jeffery Mewtamer:
With a Forum, I can just check in once every day or two,
read the threads that interest me while just skipping over the others,
and don't have to worry about missing something interesting because a
thread got derailed...

ANd that's where I actually prefer email lists. Having to check into 5 forums on 5 different websites each day is a bit more clunky than just checking my inbox, which is actually set to notify me on my phone as well, so I don't miss that thread that I want to read and/or respond to, but I can just delete it if I don't want to read it, and all 5 lists go to the same place, or can be filtered into folders if I want that as well. This is why I mentioned ease of tracking and contributing to discussions by email being somewhat preferable over web forums. Having everything coming into one place is much better than havin to check in on multiple websites each day, sometimes more than once. That said, if using web-based email, I can certainly see where a forum would be at least as easy to navigate, maybe even easier. But that's why I personally prefer IMAP email using local client software.

~Kyle