Re: [orca-list] Naming, shaming and flaming (was Re: LibreOffice and orca: moving to headings, links, tables etc.)

Okay, so before, when I said that Orca is sluggish with tables in Docs, and that NVDA isn't, in response to Nimer saying that the OP should try Docs, you went on a rant about how I shouldn't be comparing Orca to a Windows screen reader which the developer of Orca doesn't have access to. Just to not leave any stones unturned, why do you assume the Orca developer doesn't have access to Windows, with Windows screen readers? Also, you're very willing to throw lots of shade at Windows, but when some one even points out Linux's flaws, you get so defensive. This does not help Linux accessibility, it doesn't help Orca development that people in the blind Linux community just stick to the few Linux GUI apps that we've been using for the past 15 years, and it doesn't help that you, Kyle, are always bashing other operating systems.

Now, do I bash Linux sometimes? Yeah, because it sucks that there are so many developers working on FOSS stuff, but only one working on Orca. It sucks that desktop environment makers don't put much, if any, thought into accessibility. Yet, I still love it. I still yearn to use it productively in my job. But my job uses the web heavily. Salesforce, Google Workspace, all that. And I can't have Orca being sluggish, Chrome crashing for any reason besides an OOM event or some bug in Chrome itself, or Orca's focus mode or quick nav keys setting coming unstuck, sending my flying cross the page. Although I think I've gotten rid of that last one by just disabling quick navigation keys instead of dealing with focus/browse mode as much. So the third I'm willing to say is user error. But the first two? This is an AMD Rizon 5500 CPU. A screen reader better *not* slow it down.