Re: [orca-list] Using Wireplumber for audio with Orca

I see the problem here on Fedora-MATE. I have orca running on my desktop and switched to a tty. I logged in and ran

espeak-ng hello

and I heard the word hello, but when I switched back to the desktop, I had no speech, and had to kill speech-dispatcher to get it speaking again. Looks like a 100% reproduceable bug to me. The good news is that I was able to switch back to the tty and do anything at all, then come back to the desktop and speech-dispatcher continued speaking. So the bug is happening at the switch to a non-logged-in tty, or perhaps after login, which could indicate an initial permission problem, but logging in resolves the issue, so until this can get fixed, you should only need to kill and restart speech-dispatcher once per tty login. Hope this helps.

~Kyle