Re: [orca-list] Using Wireplumber for audio with Orca

Getting gdm to speak through the usb audio should be as simple as copying .config/pipewire to the same location in /var/lib/gdm, i.e.

sudo cp -R /home/<user>/.config/pipewire /var/lib/gdm/.config

sudo chown -R gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm/.config/pipewire

Sorry, I'm not able to help much with emacspeak, since I haven't used it but for like 5 minutes 15 years or so back, but you may be able to run it and then set its output using pavucontrol on your desktop, assuming you have pipewire-alsa and pipewire-pulse installed. If those aren't installed, that may actually be the cause of your speech playing through the wrong device, and you may be able to correct it without using pavucontrol just by installing those packages. Hope it helps.

~Kyle