Re: [orca-list] Slint Demo/Tutorial, Part 2: The Post-install--first steps

Hello,

No idea why the firmware of this machine behaves like that.
I don't know what "the image didn't support GID partitioning" could mean.
Indeed the installer should be able to boot in either both EFI and Legacy mode.
Secure boot is not provided by the Slint installer as is.

Did you check the integrity of the ISO image with its sha256 checksum as indicated here:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README.installation
Do you have other system(s) installed on this machine, and which one(s)?
Do yu know the exact model (number) of this machine, and its firmware?

Didier