Re: [orca-list] Slint Demo/Tutorial, Part 2: The Post-install--first steps

Hi,

Thanks for slowing down the speech on the second recording. A common question with choosing a distro is 'Why?' Is it possible that you make a recording on why you choose slint instead of some other distro? I'm curious because it seems that the packages in slint are somewhat out of date compared to Ubuntu. My major concern is (1) the slint kernel is only up to 4.19.x while the Ubuntu kernel is up to 5.3.x, and the Fedora kernel is even newer than 5.3, and (2) Some of the GUI apps such as Libre Office.

Is it also possible to demonstrate how slint handles things such as emacspeak? A common problem I get on Ubuntu is that the speech volume in emacspeak is much lower than the Orca volume. I want something more balanced in volume.