Re: [orca-list] Slint Demo/Tutorial, Part 2: The Post-install--first steps

>No idea why the firmware of this machine behaves like that.

I don't know either. It boots every other linux distro made within the past 10 years.

>I don't know what "the image didn't support GID partitioning" could mean.

Sighted help told me that when the image boots, the diagnostics/recovery system tools appear. We get put into a 'file explorer' type window that simulates Windows 10's file explorer. In this window is an error code that is larger than 128 characters long. Directions on the bottom of the screen tell us to use up/down arrows to select an option, then press ENTER to make a choice. Press F10 to enter BIOS, and press F2 or press the power button to restart normally. Pressing ENTER on this rather large error code results in a Linux terminal window with the prompt:

<EFI>

I didn't explore much past that because I didn't want to break something.

Indeed the installer should be able to boot in either both EFI and Legacy mode.

Here is the boot manager contents...

Boot mode is EFI

Choose 1 from the list below.

Ubuntu 19.10

EFI USB drive

>Secure boot is not provided by the Slint installer as is.
It shouldn't make that much of a difference because I have SB turned off in BIOS. However, is the system looking for a kernel that at least supports it?

>Did you check the integrity of the ISO image with its sha256 checksum as indicated here:
Everything checks out as expected.

>Do you have other system(s) installed on this machine, and which one(s)?

Ubuntu 19.10

>Do yu know the exact model (number) of this machine, and its firmware?
No.