Re: [orca-list] is it possible to compile Orca on chroot environment ARM 64 toproduce ARM 64 bit compatible Orca?

So am I understanding correctly that you have a speech server that is separate and independent from speech-dispatcher? In this case, you shouldn't need to recompile Orca. Do you have Python code that can talk to the speech server? Just write a speech factory module that will allow Orca to use it. If you're able to do that, you should only need a few minor modifications to the Orca code, and since Orca is written in Python, it doesn't need to be recompiled in order to take advantage of the new code.

As for cross-compiling, I've only done that for Rockbox, and it has a development script that sets up everything automatically. I've always compiled on a device that matches the architecture I'm compiling for, which is much easier to set up. So unfortunately, I can be of little help with that part of things. Still, since Orca is byte compiled Python code, it should just work on anything that runs Python. Your biggest difficulty is going to be compiling the speech server you're using.
Imetumwa kutoka tembo yangu