Re: [orca-list] yasr

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:40:11PM CEST, B. Henry wrote:
If you read this Luke, you posted a very simple instruction for using festival with orca, but I can't find
the email, and I must be leaving
something out as I don't see festival in synth list like I did when I followed your instructions.
I know I must start festival before orca, or restart orca after starting the festival server, but beyond
that?

To use Festival with Orca and by extension Speech Dispatcher, you have to do the following:

1. Start the festival server, festival --server. You might want to background it somehow, whether leaving it
open in another terminal, tty, etc.
2. Send Speech Dispatcher the SIGHUP signal, kill -1 $(pidof speech-dispatcher)

At this point, Festival should be selectable in orca's preferences, and also be available via spd-say
--list-output-modules.

Luke