Re: [orca-list] Partially Solved: Fedora 22 Blues

hi
I'll just add that this probably will only work the way it's supposed
to if speech-dispatcher is run per user, not  system wide. I think
when speech-dispatcher is run system wide  it acts kind of like a
server, and listens for incoming connections. Apparently something
isn't working like it's supposed to, luke knows a lot more about this
than I do. If you can, I'd try reverting back to running it per user
for a bit until these changes can be made.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Janina Sajka wrote:
The "supposed to" environment you describe sounds great, but it
has never been my experience on Fedora, and I've been running
Fedora since it was called Red Hat.

Janina

kendell clark writes: hi I need to spin up a fresh f22 install and
test this. This didn't happen in f21. I'll do this right now, while
I'm thinking about it but no, this is not supposed to happen. What
is supposed to happen is the speech-dispatcher instance that was
started by gdm is supposed to keep running so that multiple people
can log on, and you can switch users, etc, while a second one
that's started by orca when you log in is supposed to start.
Thanks Kendell clark

Janina Sajka wrote:
Hi, Luke:

Just to be clear ...

My practical problem is that Orca doesn't come up speaking if
I have used speech-dispatcher during gdm login.

In order to get Orca working with speech-dispatcher, I need
to kill the speech-dispatcher process.

Surely, that's not correct behavior?

Janina

Luke Yelavich writes:
On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 12:44:13PM AEST, Janina Sajka