Re: [orca-list] My Fedora 22 Blues

I have pulse disabled the usual way I've been disabling it ever since
Redhat foisted pulse on us.

/usr/bin/pulseaudio is a 0-byte file chmod 444 owned by root:root.

Speech-Dispatcher has been told to use alsa.

PS: I actually suspect something explicitly Fedora. I'm suspicious
there's some new setting designed to keep newbies locked onto the gui,
lest they stray into console land and freak out. That kind of quote
unquote feature wouldn't surprise me. I guess I should troll the change
log.

Janina

Jason White writes:
covici ccs covici com <covici ccs covici com> wrote:
I bet it has something to do with pulse audio -- do you have a hardware
synth to use with speakup to check?

It's also worth noting that I can't reproduce any of these issues under Arch
Linux with Pulseaudio, GNOME and Orca installed. It's something
Fedora-specific, apparently.