Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes on top :)

As I hinted at, and others have more directly said, starting from scratch requires a lot of foundation
building which
takes time and energy. Then perhaps one has a better platform, but perhaps just a different set of advantages
and
disadvantages that wiill take still more time and energy.
Question, specifically why would a new bridge between apps and synths be better than speechdispatcher?
I am saying if one spent the same time fixing speechdispatcher that one would spend on starting from scratch
would things
advance further, and if not, what is so fundamentally wrong with speech dispatcher that makes it not very
fixable?