Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes on top :)

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 01:30:55PM AEST, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
On 28/08/14 05:24, Luke
I have a suggestion/request it would be awesome if we can get speechDispatcher to work with Open mary
tts. This would be fantastic to get much better sounding speech for orca.

First and foremost, Open Mary is written in Java, which presents a challenge in trying to integrate Open Mary
into speech-dispatcher such that it is a first class citizen. I also have it on good authority that there are
some technical issues with Open Mary that likely need to be resolved before any work can be made to better
integrate Open Mary into speech-dispatcher. All are solvable, but once again it comes down to someone wanting
to scratch the itch, finding the time to do the work, and working with both Open Mary and speech-dispatcher
devs to get things done.

Luke