Re: [orca-list] eSpeak variants (was Re: updating espeak)

According to Jonathan Duddington:
# I made the new voice and then read some text using the command:
#
# espeak -v test -s260 -f textfile
#
# and it read the text as expected.

You're right. That also works here. Strangely, this is the only voice
variant that exhibits this behavior so far, and it appears to only be
reproduceable using speech-dispatcher. Try the same command using
spd-say, using your test voice as the default speech-dispatcher voice. I
believe the problem is there somewhere, as your sample text works
perfectly in eSpeak itself, as does other text I tried, it just has
problems in speech-dispatcher, and it's only the female voice made by
combining the en voice or the default voice with the f2 variant.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"