[orca-list] eSpeak variants (was Re: updating espeak)

I just tried making a female voice combining espeak-data/voices/en and
espeak-data/\!v/f2, but it for some reason doesn't work quite as well as
the klatt4 voice file I posted. For some reason, the female voice is
pausing in the middle of wor, erds, something like the way I typed words
in this sentence. I tried it using espeak-data/voices/default, but I got
the same result. I am running the test version 1.47.11 here, so maybe
it's just a bug in my eSpeak. I can file a bug report in eSpeak's bug
tracker if this helps, but I thought I'd post my findings to this list,
to let everyone trying this know that most but not all voice variants
made in this way are working, at least with the test version, so your
mileage may vary. Hope it helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--