Re: [orca-list] updating espeak

I've been using eSpeak on NVDA, my Rockbox MP3 player and with Orca/Speakup/Emacspeak for years, and I guess I haven't noticed the incremental improvements in the English voices. Maybe if I jumped to a version of eSpeak I was using years ago all of a sudden, I'd notice the improvements in speech. The only reason I've been tempted to download and recompile eSpeak myself is to use it directly with PulseAudio, instead of going through the PortAudio interface. Other than that, I've always been happy with whatever the distribution has included.

I'll be OK with whatever the Orca developers decide, but I also wonder if this is a good use of their time. I mean I can download and recompile eSpeak myself if I want to, but I can't go in and fix many Orca or accessibility infrastructure bugs.