Re: [orca-list] updating espeak

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:18:17AM EST, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
I'm no Orca developer, but I wonder if Orca should be in the
business of writing scripts to update eSpeak. Maybe this should be a
packaging implementation in the distribution, e.g. Vinux has an
eSpeak package in it's repositories. Also, what's changing in eSpeak
so much these days that it needs to be updated more frequently than
it's being updated in the distributions?

Its also worth mentioning that the latest is not always the greatest. I am sure many list members can
remember times when they have upgraded something, only to find a previously fixed bug is back, or some other
breakage makes it difficult or impossible to use an application's functionality.

Luke