[orca-list] kali linux install report

I got the linux installed on an amd athelon k8 computer with a meg of
memory on it.  It does boot up and provides a talking logon.  You then get
welcomed to orca.  Then the desktop comes up and speaks.  I can run
gnome-terminal and I've been able to run aptitude to update the system
since I was notified updates were available.  Most of the time though once
the desktop comes up if I try control-alt-f1 there's no response except
that the system appears to lock up or at the very least respond very
slowly.  I will try all of this later and get a time value for how long it
takes for kali to respond in any way.  I ran with system default in the
logon combo box to do this.

jude <jdashiel shellworld net> About to block another web browser version?
Ask yourself what Tim Berners-lee would do.