Re: [orca-list] Heads up, Ubuntu 13.04 does NOT use GNOME 3.8.

On 04/23/2013 12:18 AM, Jason White wrote:
Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

That's pretty much all the big names, and I expect many other GNU/Linux
distributions will probably follow. Ubuntu has too much time and effort
invested in Upstart though, since they've been using and improving it
since Ubuntu was a new kid on the block. It really does make for some
interesting times ahead.

Undoubtedly so, especially when you also consider that Ubuntu is developing
its own display server as an alternative to the Wayland project.

Indeed. I know that GNOME is starting to look at the Accessibility
related changes which will need to be made as a result of switching to
to Wayland. I hope Canonical is doing the same thing for theirs.

Take care.
--joanie