Re: [orca-list] Heads up, Ubuntu 13.04 does NOT use GNOME 3.8.

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

That's pretty much all the big names, and I expect many other GNU/Linux
distributions will probably follow. Ubuntu has too much time and effort
invested in Upstart though, since they've been using and improving it
since Ubuntu was a new kid on the block. It really does make for some
interesting times ahead.

Undoubtedly so, especially when you also consider that Ubuntu is developing
its own display server as an alternative to the Wayland project.

Increasingly, it looks like this: the rest of the Linux community moves in one
direction, and Ubuntu diverges in another.

For accessibility this means more diversity, hence more work to be done. It
also means that I'll be less and less able to help Ubuntu users, since my
experience is, and will likely remain, with other distributions.