Re: [orca-list] Great news for blind gamers

Hi Kyle and all,

On 11/8/12, Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
In either
case, we really do need more native Linux audiogames, rather than
depending on Wine, as the Wine API's are incompatible with the Linux
accessibility stack, so many things that can be done with native Linux
applications are not currently possible in Wine, nor will this change in
the near future, unless someone is working on something I hadn't heard
of or read about yet.

Amen to that. I couldn't agree with you more. As it happens one of the
things I am going to be doing is porting a lot of my Windows game
projects to Linux as soon as possible. The only problem is that SDL,
for example, is nowhere as good as DirectX and I'll probably end up
having to remove certain features from the games to port them to Linux
just because SDL, SFML, etc are poor substitutes for DirectX. Still I
should be able to release some decent games in the not too distant
future.

Cheers!