Re: [orca-list] another playable Windows game under Wine

Hi Kyle,

On 11/8/12, Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
I used to be able to run Jim Kitchen's games in Wine. I used to be able
to install the Windows SAPI components and eSpeak for Windows, and the
game menu and games would start talking and were quite playable. 5 years
ago, all this worked quite nicely. Sadly, I haven't been able to play
these games since some time in late 2010 or early 2011. I really miss
Jim Kitchen's games, especially Golf, Football and Baseball. If anyone
has gotten these games working recently, please do let me know how you
did it, and what I might need to get it working. Thanks.

In my experience the big problem is that Wine outputs audio through
alsa but Gnome is configured for pulse. Therefore you will end up with
problems with games working in Wine. one way to resolve said problem
is to run aoss bfore launching the game with Wine.