Re: [orca-list] Great news for blind gamers

According to Petr Bláha:
# installation is not possible without help of someone who can see the
# screen.

Unfortunately, this kinda defeats the whole purpose of accessibility. If I need someone who can see to read the screen to me during the installation process, I might as well have someone who can see play the game for me as well <smiles>. Actually, the installation process could be as simple as pressing enter a few times, which is, as I recall, the way Top Speed 3 works, which also runs flawlessly in Wine. In either case, we really do need more native Linux audiogames, rather than depending on Wine, as the Wine API's are incompatible with the Linux accessibility stack, so many things that can be done with native Linux applications are not currently possible in Wine, nor will this change in the near future, unless someone is working on something I hadn't heard of or read about yet.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk