Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Yep, we sure did. Ubuntu was tagged as having overtaken Rhel by some Linux interest group or other that did a survey. I think I posted it just to the Vinux list. I'm not using any metrics. All I did was do an experimental job search for who was hiring and for what for linux-based jobs. It seemed like every other posting was for someone who knew their way around Rhel. The only Ubuntu related jobs I found were on LInked In and looked like sales positions with Cannonical itself and not sys admin, developer or network admin type positions like what you see for Red Hat. Makes me wonder where that company got its data that Ubuntu is more popular than Rhel. It was kind of depressing actually since I don't know a single blind person who uses Rhel as their distro of choice either at home or at work.

I think I'll just keep doing what I've been doing for now with servers. Debian also seems pretty popular for servers and there's a bonus in that you can actually install the thing without sighted assistance. I'm pretty much still learning the basics anyway. I certainly havent' gotten as far as to tinker with cloud-based solutions yet.

Alex M