[orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Hello list,
I'm not sure if my message was received, but I'll repost. I'm wanting to make gdm talk on fedora this way I
can tell when to enter my password when using fedora.
I've found some messages relating to fedora 11, but I'm not sure if the same still applies. I've tried doing
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility
to see what my system would report for the current user and i get the following.

Client failed to connect to the dbus daemon.
The remote application did not send a reply, the message buss security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timed out/expired, or the network connection timed out.
Failure listing entries in /desktop/gnome/interface , no dbus daemonrunning.

I'd think this is an selinux-policy issue, but I'm not sure.
Either that or values with gconftool-2 do not require dbus. I believe though its the latter of what I've
mentioned.
I'm running Fedora 17.

cheers to all,
Alonzo