Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Hello, Alonzo.

I apologize as I do not think that what I have to say will be of much help.

I am running Fedora 17 here at home now as well. After reading your message, I logged out and looked at the accessibility menu on the login screen. Interestingly enough, at least for me, there is no potion for "Screen Reader" (Orca) neither on the login screen nor on my desktop after I am logged in. I have noticed since installing Fedora 17 that SELinux does seem to block some different things when Orca is running; they seem to have been related to at-spi. At one point Orca was not even talking until I followed the instructions in the SELinux Troubleshooter to create a policy; I accessed this via magnification.

I am really not sure how to get GDM talking, or if it is possible right now. I was kind of wondering myself it it was possible to install LightGM and get it talking as it does in Ubuntu, but I have not tried it yet as I am trying to figure out how to solve an issue with my monitor. I will not get into that, though, as it goes completely out of the scope of this list.

If I figure anything out I will let you know, but I am sorry that I do not have anything helpful to offer you.

Take care.