Re: [orca-list] First time trying linux

Hi

Actually your pidgin experience does not surprise me. I remember when I used ubuntu on the vm machine a few years back, I also found that pidgin worked very well, and like you, and I'm surprised that it does not this time around.

That's right, it's an orca and firefox issue.

I apologize if you thought my statement was implying thath there was something wrong with vinux. I was more referring to the general problems with ubuntu 10.04, firefox, pidgin and orca, which I was observing. And I also certainly would not want to discourage anyone from using vinux, especially as someone who has just started using linux, that there experience setting up accessibility would not be as laborious as was mine five years ago.

Regards
Justin Harford