Re: [orca-list] XFCE (was Re: Wiki Edits)

Hey guys.

Hey, this sounds exciting; an opportunity to try another desktop.

Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed. I'm still in the "building from scratch whilst
taking notes" stage, but hopefully I'll have something to post soon.

Storm, When you rolled your XFCE environment, did you use the standard
issue of gtk3 or did you poll something later.

XFCE wants gtk+ 2. The orca-xdesktop branch likewise does not depend on
gtk+ 3. Having said that....

from the AUR doesn't build unless we dig up a later version of gtk3
and I haven't attempted that yet because so many other packages rely
on gtk3 as currently installed.

Any chance you could dig that stuff up in Arch? I'd really like to see
the introspection changes get some proper, thorough end-user testing
before code freeze. Mainly to make sure that I didn't miss or break
anything (it was a huge change). But I'd also like to get some feedback
on the performance improvements that we seem to have gotten just by
doing the introspection work. Orca seems a lot snappier to me now.

Thanks and take care.
--joanie