Re: [orca-list] What the actual status with GNOME Shell 3.2 accessibility support?

Hm, I recently bought a new notebook (which now is missing some
hardware features since Sony software apparently controlled them)
where I've installed Linux Mint Debian Edition with Xfce.

So far I've been too pussy to download Orca but that has been the
plan all along... see how far it goes. Xfce seems to have a Gnome
base? or something; lots of Gnome applications run on it, and on
startup I see gdm3 starting and Gnome libs. Still, much smaller than
the Gnome on my Ubuntu box, which was also the point: wanted to avoid
this bloaty new Gnome stuff that'll be thrust upon Ubuntu users once
we leave Karmic.

Mint so far has been nice since it's Debian but with the tasty non-free
stuff added to it <grin>, though it is Debian testing, wheezy, not
stable squeeze. Which shouldn't affect Orca I don't think.

-Mallory