Re: [orca-list] What the actual status with GNOME Shell 3.2 accessibility support?

On 10/13/2011 1:47 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
Steve, I agree with you, as I just said in a response to Attila. If
there's any comfort in this situation, I take comfort from the fact that
it's not just persons with disabilities they've been willing to offend.
Among others, Linus Torvalds has called Gnome 3 unusable and has
switched to XFCE:

So on that note what's the status of XFCE and QT support. I would like to switch to those as needed on my netbook and my desktop as well. Gnome 3 just looked like a big bloated multidrirectional mess as you say and it's bigger than I want for a simple customizable minimal GUI. Also when you only have a gig of RAM a big bloated desktop isn't helping. I ditched Windows 7 from the netbook for that reason and I would hate to just bloat back up again with gnome 3 if there's a better alternative. I expect with everything being forcefully shoved off into data centers we're going to have to get a11y stuff on smaller devices like tablets and such or netbooks. Most people now only have bigger boxes for server stuff.