Re: [orca-list] grade 2 braille again

Hi Daniel:

I tested this with Orca from trunk, liblouis 1.5.2, and BrlTTY 3.9 on my OpenSolaris 2008.11 b109 box (GNOME 2.24.2) using the UEBC-g2.ctb table. These are the versions of liblouis and BrlTTY that we test with and use on OpenSolaris. Being a bit more on the conservative side, we also try make sure they function properly before unleashing them on unsuspecting users. :-) Things seemed to work fine and as expected. No crashes.

I spent the past couple hours updating the OpenSolaris spec files to get BrlTTY 3.10 and liblouis 1.6.0 to build/compile/install. I used Orca from trunk and UEBC-g2 as the contraction table. Things work fine and as expected. No crashes. :-(

There might be some sort of integration problem you're running into on the platform you're using. You might also look at the character encoding flags needed to build liblouis. From http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Braille, I see a recommendation to use this command for Linux systems (I use --disable-ucs4 on OpenSolaris):

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-ucs4

Will